A universal helmet mount and multi-directional indexing: The VariArc-VS shines light right where you need it.
Want a helmet rail mounted VariArc CLICK HERE.
The VariArc-VS™ helmet mount provides a full-featured, universal mounting solution for headborne illumination. The locking teeth are biased to the forward position, keeping your light aligned for the most critical uses, but with a firm twist, the VariArc-VS mount unlocks and rotates through 8 additional lower-force index points for administrative tasks and diffused lighting options. Its small footprint and low profile keep things tidy. The VariArc-VS includes both a Picatinny rail and a Scout light mount, allowing for maximum compatibility with visible and IR lights. The VariArc-VS is built to remain fully functional through extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, sand, water, drops on concrete, and rough handling.
- Do NOT loosen adjustment center screw before mounting!
- Attach light to Picatinny section of VariArc-VS.
- Mount the Velcro base to your helmet (see removal instructions below for repositioning)
- Verify rotation after install. Torque the center screw to adjust unlocking force.
Scout Mount Installation:
- Remove the Picatinny mount: unscrew the center screw with the included 5/64th allen key. Retain the nylok nut on the bottom of the base.
- Retain the cap, wave washer from the assembly and reassemble back into the Scout mount in the same configuration as the Picatinny mount.
- Screw the center screw through the assembly and into the nylok nut. Tighten to 4-5 in-lbs or until the assembly no longer rattles.
- Attach your light to the Scout mount using the included socket head cap screws using the included 9/64th allen key.
- NOTE: Verify the included socket cap screws are the correct length for your light, use your own screws as necessary.
- Tighten screw per the light manufacturer’s specifications
- Mount the Velcro base to your helmet and verify rotation angles, adjust as necessary. See below for removal/repositioning.
- Velcro is extremely strong! Use a flat, blunt blade (large flat head screwdriver, putty knife, etc) to slide between the two Velcro layers to separate the VariArc-VS from the helmet.
- WARNING: Removing the mount by forcefully pulling it away from the helmet may damage the helmet’s loop Velcro or separate the adhesive holding the Velcro to the helmet or the VariArc-VS.