Conceived by Josh Jackson at LMS Defense, with input from other SWAT-team leaders and active-duty special operations soldiers, the VariArc helmet mount provides a full-featured mounting solution. The locking teeth are biased to the forward position, keeping your light aligned for the most critical uses, but with a firm twist, the VariArc mount unlocks and rotates through 8 additional lower-force index points for administrative tasks and diffused lighting options. Its small footprint and low profile keep things tidy and the Picatinny Rail allows for maximum compatibility with visible and IR lights. The VariArc is built to remain fully functional through extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, sand, water, drops on concrete, and rough handling.
Compatible with standard 1913 Picatinny Rail Lights such as:
- Surefire Scout, X300, XH35, Vampire, XC1/2, and similar
- Streamlight TLR-1, TLR-VIR, TLR-7-8, and similar
- INFORCE APL, APLc
- Arisaka Side Scout Mount (Picatinny)
- Do NOT loosen adjustment center screw before mounting!
- Install your version of VariArc:
– Dovetail (Ops-Core): Slide VariArc onto your helmet rail.
– Team Wendy: Attach with cap screws to side mount location.
– M-LOK: slightly loosen cam nuts, insert into side slot, tighten screws.
- Attach light to Picatinny section of VariArc.
- Verify rotation after install. Indexing will be tight for the first couple of rotations.
NOTE: You DO NOT need to adjust the center screw unless you find the tension has loosened with extended use.